Gayaa Dhuwi (Proud Spirit) Australia is a national peak body which provides self-determined Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership in social and emotional wellbeing, mental health, and suicide prevention. As a member of the Coalition of Peaks, our organisation works with Indigenous and Non-Indigenous partners, along with First Nations communities, to improve the mental health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and collectively contribute to Closing the Gap.
Working on-site at our Canberra office, you will enjoy working within a small but dedicated and high performing team who are committed to delivering impactful change and meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. You will appreciate working in a culturally safe, inclusive, harmonious, and highly collaborative environment at Gayaa Dhuwi, which incorporates Indigenous Knowledges, cultural values, and ways of working within policy, strategy, governance, and business operations. You will share our excitement at being an integral part of building an enduring and influential national Indigenous peak body organisation.
About the Role
The Executive Officer role is responsible for providing high-level administrative, executive, and governance support to the CEO and Executive Leadership team.
· Act as the point of contact for the CEO and executive leadership team, liaise with stakeholders and action requests to coordinate communication and proactively ensure responses meet deadlines.
· Prepare, manage, and review the provision of high-level communications and correspondence including briefings, reports, submissions, and notes to ensure the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and timeliness of written information.
· Implement, monitor, and report on strategic, operational and project plans to inform decision making and support achievement of organisational objectives.
· Research and prepare strategic advice, information, and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning, and operational matters to facilitate informed decision making and accurate planning.
· Provide project management support for strategic initiatives led by the office of the CEO.
· Develop and implement effective administrative practices, systems, and procedures to optimise efficiency and support the achievement of quality outcomes across the executive.
· Identify, monitor, and report on emerging issues, ensuring issues are escalated to the CEO and responses are tracked through to resolution.
· Under the direction of the CEO, coordinate the organisation’s governance functions and activities, including managing communications with the board of directors, members, and sub-committees; coordinating board meetings and associated agendas, papers, and minutes; recording and tracking completion of action items; maintaining governance registers; coordinating publication of the Annual Report; and tracking KPI progress against the organisational Strategic Plan.
· The successful candidate will have advanced communication skills, with strong writing capability and exceptional attention to detail.
· You are self-motivated, enjoy working independently, and possess proven organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills.
· You will have a proven ability to anticipate, identify, and mitigate potential barriers, challenges, or risks to achieving outcomes through use of strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
· You will utilise collaborative ways of working that are inclusive, builds cooperation, and encourages information sharing.
· Importantly, you are committed to delivering impactful change and meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. You will also have the ability to align your ways of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural values and protocols embedded within the organisation’s policies, strategies, and business operations.
· Competitive salary package, which includes superannuation, 4 weeks annual leave with leave loading, salary sacrificing options, and a mobile phone allowance.
· Flexible working arrangements and a 35 hour work week.
· Professional development support and mentoring from the CEO and executive leadership team.
Applications close 21 August 2023